“The Pandemic Post,” created by two young women I know and a friend of theirs, emailed to ask to run some of my bean recipes in their next issue, since beans have become a “thing.” The three are creative types who were (like most everyone) laid off, and decided to put their talents and energy to good. Learn more about the publication that Dashiell, Kate and Lucy are making in order to give back–all profits from their project are being donated to COVID-19 relief efforts for service workers. Some of my beans will be in Issue 2, which is about to go to press.
soups I make especially during harvest season to stash. The bean recipes:
- Heirloom baked beans with maple, molasses, and mustard
- Smoky, spicy baked black-eyed peas with chipotle
- Barbecued baked lentils (minus the grill)
- How to grow and cook dry beans
- Dry bean 101 with a bean breeder and seed farmer
“3 variations on baked beans: sweet, smoky, spicy” was first posted here